Table of Contents
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB): Key consumer services offered
- TNEB payment methods
- Steps to pay TNEB bills online
- Region code for TNEB online payment
- How to pay TNEB bills using alternative methods
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Board bill via mobile app
- TNEB bill payment offline
- How to check TNEB bill status online
- TNEB helpline numbers/ customer care
On July 1, 1957, the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB), was established. The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO), a subsidiary of the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB), generates 18,732.78 MW of electricity. The state’s electricity board serves one of the greatest number of customers in the nation – 30.75 million, as of March 31, 2020. TNEB is the entity responsible for generating the electricity bill that consumers are obligated to pay in Tamil Nadu. Thanks to advancements in technology, you can pay your energy bill online, which streamlines the procedure and eliminates the need for paper bills.
|TN state electricity board name||Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB)|
|Operations||Power generation and distribution company|
|Operated by||Tamil Nadu government|
|Area served||Tamil Nadu and Puducherry|
See also: How to apply for TNEB new connection
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB): Key consumer services offered
- Online application – LT new application
- Online bill payment
- Quick pay
- Bill status
- Bill calculation after PMC billing
- Bill calculator
See also: Delhi Jal board bill payment
TNEB payment methods
When it comes to paying your energy bill, you have a number of options available. You can settle your bills with a credit card, or debit card, via net banking facility, electronic wallets, or UPI. If you want to pay your energy bill without using the TNEB’s website or mobile app, you can do so by going to the TNEB office and paying with cash, a cheque, or a demand draft.
Steps to pay TNEB bills online
Listed below are the actions that must be taken to pay your TNEB electricity bill online:
- Visit the TANGEDCO’s official website.
- Click ‘Online Bill Payment’ under ‘Billing Services’ on the homepage. This link will take you to a new page.
- Enter your login credentials and click on’ Login’. After doing so, you may enter the portal. You may examine your power bill by selecting ‘My Bills’ from the drop-down menu. You can finish the payment of your power bill by clicking ‘Quick Pay’.
- You will be led to a new page where you must choose your preferred method of payment for the generated bill amount. You may also input a different quantity than what appears on your statement.
- After selecting your payment method, input the required information and click ‘Proceed’. You will be sent to the payment portal, where you must follow the instructions to pay your electricity bill.
- You will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and an email on your registered email address after you have paid your bill. Under ‘My Bills’ on the site, you may also determine if your payment was successful.
See also: All you need to know about the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB)
Region code for TNEB online payment
|Region code||Region name||District or zone|
|01||Chennai north||Manali, Tondiarpet, Royapuram, Madhavaram, Thiru-Vi-Ka Nagar, Thiruvotriyur, Teynampet, Ambattur Zones and part of Tiruvallur District|
|02||Villupuram||Kallakurichi, Tiruvannalamai, Cuddalore, Villupuram|
|03||Coimbatore||Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Nilgiris|
|04||Erode||Erode, Namakkal, Salem|
|05||Madurai||Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Sivagangai, Dindigul, Theni|
|06||Trichy||Ariyalur, Karur, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Tiruchirapalli|
|07||Tirunelveli||Kanniyaumari, Thoothukudi, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli, Tenkasi|
|08||Vellore||Tirupathur, Kanchipuram, Vellore, Dharmapuri, Ranipet, Krishnagiri, and part of Tiruvallur District|
|09||Chennai south||Anna Nagar, Ambattur, Alandur, Adyar, Perungudi, Kodambakkam, Valasaravakkam, Sholinganallur Zones, Chengalpattu District, Part of Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram District|
Also read about : TNREGINET
How to pay TNEB bills using alternative methods
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board bill via mobile app
You can also settle your electricity bills by downloading the TANGEDCO mobile app from the Google Play store or the Apple Store. To do so, follow these steps:
- Install the TANGEDCO app on your mobile device.
- On app launch, grant the app access to make and control phone calls. You must also provide the app access to your images, media, and files on your mobile device.
- Enter your username and password, then press the ‘Login’ button.
- You will be required to give a four-digit PIN. Input the four-digit PIN and confirm it in the next step.
- After logging in, you may edit your profile by submitting the requested information to TNEB.
- After editing your profile, go to the app’s main screen.
- To pay your bill, click on ‘Quick Pay’.
- You can either pay the amount shown on your statement, or you can also pay any other amount.
- Choose your method of payment.
- Provide the specifics of your payment method. You will be sent to the payment gateway. Follow the remaining payment steps to finish your transaction.
- A confirmation SMS and email will be sent to your registered mobile phone number and email address, respectively.
Know about: Flats for rent in Chennai
TNEB bill payment offline
Offline payment options for your electricity bills are available at the TNEB office, which you can visit. When visiting the TNEB office, do not forget to take your most recent electricity bill. You have the option of paying by cash, debit card, credit card, UPI, cheque, or demand draft. After the transaction has been completed, you will be given a receipt that you can save for future reference.
How to check TNEB bill status online
- Visit TANGEDCO’s official website.
- The ‘Bill Status’ link can be found on the home page.
- Pick your area from the list of available alternatives.
- First, enter your service number and your mobile phone number.
- After you have entered the supplied captcha into the box, click the button labelled ‘Proceed’.
- Now, you can successfully check on the current status of your bill.
TNEB helpline numbers/ customer care
You can contact the electricity supply department at helpline number 1912 if you have any issues. This facility is accessible to users 24×7.
You can also contact them by calling 044-28521109 or by sending a message through WhatsApp to the number 9445850811. There is also the option of calling the camp office at the number 044-24959525.
You can have your questions or concerns registered by going to the official website of TANGEDCO and looking for the section labelled ‘Consumer Services’. Once you find it, click on the link that says ‘Consumer’s Complaint’. Once you lodge a complaint, a member of the electrical board’s customer service department will contact you.
What are the steps to change my username in TNEB?
Once you have registered for an account, you will not be able to modify your username.
How can I ensure that my address is always up to date?
You will have to contact the local section office with a valid proof of address to have your address amended or rectified.
How can I change my TNEB mobile phone number?
Click 'Mobile Number Registration’ under 'Billing Services' on the homepage. This link will take you to a new page where you can select a region and enter a service connection number. Now enter the transaction receipt number and register or update your phone number.
In TNEB, what does ACCD stand for?
ACCD is a shorthand for Additional Current Consumption Deposit, which refers to a refundable deposit amount.
Is it possible to make penalty payments on my TNEB electricity bill online?
If you are late in paying your power payment, the board that regulates the utility will cut off your connection. If your connection is still operational, you will then be able to log in to the customer site to finish the payment of your power bill, including the payment of any penalties that have been assessed. In case of disconnection, you will have to visit the closest section office to finalise the payment.
Can I obtain a PDF version of my TNEB power bill?
Yes, after you pay your TNEB power bill online, you will get a payment receipt in PDF format that you can download.
My transaction fails to complete. If I attempt again, I'm informed that it's already been paid for. What am I to do?
In this instance, a faulty transaction will be repaired automatically within three business days. Do not try to make a payment for the same service number if the sum has already been deducted from your bank account. Contact the board via the customer service lines if you have a question or a complaint.
Was this article useful?
Related PostsHow to apply for new electricity connection in Tamil Nadu?.Tnreginet: How to get EC, guideline value online in Tamil Nadu using TN Reginet.Mahindra Lifespaces inaugurates industrial cluster, ‘ORIGINS’, in Chennai.Didi Ke Bolo portal: Purpose, advantages and procedure.MP Rojgar Panjiyan Online Registration form 2022: How to apply?.
- Select your District.
- Enter your consumer number.
- Enter the bill amount.
- Pick and apply electricity bill payment promo codes available and get cashback & other offers.
Can I pay the penalties through online? If you fail to pay the amount within due date , your service connection is liable for disconnection. However if not disconnected, you can pay through online along with belated surcharges.How can I check my EB bill in Tamilnadu? ›
- Visit the webpage for TNEB at the TANGEDCO website.
- Find the choice of 'Billing Services' at the focal point of the page.
- Under the Billing Services, select the option of 'Bill Status Menu'.
- Another page will show up with the related fields.
- Enter your service number.
- Paytm. Paytm is one of the most popular payment apps in India. ...
- Freecharge. In 2010, in collaboration with Sandeep, Kunal Shah founded this app. ...
- Phonepe. ...
- MobiKwik. ...
- Google Pay. ...
- BHIM UPI. ...
- Amazon Pay.
Consumer number (10 digit) consists of Section (3 digit), Distribution (3 digit) and Service Number (4 digit).What is EB form of payment? ›
Electronic bill payment and presentment (EBPP) is a process that companies use to collect payments electronically through systems like the Internet, direct-dial access, and Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). It has become a core component of online banking at many financial institutions today.What happens if bill is paid after due date? ›
You will be charged a late fee as well as interest on the due amount. *Total Amount Due –Total amount due is the entire amount due for payment as on the statement date.Can we pay bill after due date? ›
Yes, we surely can. If you pay costs beyond the due date, the majority of late fines will be charged to your subsequent electricity bill. But occasionally, despite having just been paid, late fees may be automatically assessed due to transaction processes.What happens if we pay bill after due date? ›
In case the consumer fails to pay the bill within the due date, the ESCOM may charge interest on the bill amoung as approved by the KERC.How can I download my EB bill receipt without login? ›
TANGEDCO Official Website
Go to the homepage page and select “Bill Status.” Pick the one that best fits your needs from the selection of available regions. Then you must enter your service number and mobile number. Select “Proceed” after entering the captcha that has been provided.
All you have to do is SMS: type CB*phone number (which should contain the area code with 0) and send it to 1415. Then, you will get the SMS reply from the NTC with the bill.How can I check my TNEB consumer details? ›
Check your electricity board meter as the consumer number is usually mentioned on it in thick paint. You can check the electricity board meter reading card as the customer number is mentioned on the front page. You can visit the electricity board office payment counter and ask them about the required details.What is the best way to pay for electricity? ›
Most of our customers choose to pay by Direct Debit as it gives them peace of mind that their payments are being made. Choosing to pay by Budget Direct Debit or Direct Debit Whole Amount is an easy way to ensure monthly payments are automatically taken out of your bank account.How can I pay my bill online? ›
- Create an online account on your bank's website or app, if you don't already have one.
- Once you've logged in, look for a “bill pay” link and create profiles for each of the companies (known as “payees") you want to pay. ...
- Enter how much you want to pay the company and on what date.
You can pay your bills including mobile, television, electricity, water, and gas using Google Pay.How do I find my EB distribution number? ›
- Region Code (2 Digit) : xx.
- Section (3 Digit) : xxx.
- Distribution (3 Digit) : xxx.
- Service Number (4 Digit) : xxxx.
A consumer number is a customer identification number, i.e., an identification number on the electricity bill, unique for every consumer. There are different types of customer identification numbers for different states and boards.What is the region code in TNEB? ›
|Region Code||Region Name|
- Dation in Payment or Dacion en Pago- tackled in Article 1245.
- Application of Payment- tackled in Articles 1252 to 1254.
- Payment by Cession- tackled in Article 1255.
- Tender of Payment and Consignation- tackled in Articles 1256-
Meaning of e-billing
e-Billing is an electronic billing process in which the bills are sent, and payment is received online. An e-bill is generated by the company's accounting software and is sent to the customer via email or web portal. e-Bill is a digital version of paper bills.
Usually, online bill-pay services work by having a linked checking account where the funds are withdrawn from. Some banks refer to the account that pays the bill as the “pay from” account, while the business or individual who receives the bill payment is designated as the “pay to” account.How many days late can you pay a bill? ›
Generally speaking, the reporting date is at least 30 days after the payment due date, meaning it's possible to make up late payments before they wind up on credit reports. Some lenders and creditors don't report late payments until they are 60 days past due.Do you have 30 days to pay a bill? ›
30 days. Almost all Invoice terms have a 30-day limit unless you form a separate agreement with your client, but this is the required and legal period as per the law.What if I pay one day after due date? ›
You will have to pay a late fee if you pay your bill after the due date. The late fee would be charged by the bank in your next credit card bill. In a recent move, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed banks to charge late fee only if the payment has been due for more than three days after the due date.What is the penalty for late payment of TNEB? ›
Any delayed payment beyond 60 days is liable for interest at the rate of 1 % per month. 4.7.What is billing due date? ›
Bill Due Date . The date that payment for a bill or invoice is due. The Bill Due Date shall be the date thirty (30) Days from the Bill Date.What happens if we pay before due date? ›
Making your payment before the current billing cycle closes will show a lower balance on your credit report—assuming you don't make any additional purchases before that time. It can help boost your credit score by lowering the credit utilization used when calculating your score.Should I pay my bill on the due date or before? ›
You should always pay your credit card bill by the due date, but there are some situations where it's better to pay sooner. For instance, if you make a large purchase or find yourself carrying a balance from the previous month, you may want to consider paying your bill early.Is it better to pay bills on due date or before? ›
Paying early also cuts interest
Not only does that help ensure that you're spending within your means, but it also saves you on interest. If you always pay your full statement balance by the due date, you will maintain a credit card grace period and you will never be charged interest.
Keep in mind that if you carry over a balance from the previous month, any payment you make before your statement's due date is applied to that prior balance. That means if you still owe on any previous charges, you'll need to pay at least the minimum payment on your new bill.
Contact your bank – If you paid via your bank, they should have a record of the money transfer. Check your account statement or contact your bank for a copy of it, which you can use as a receipt.How can I print my electricity bill online? ›
- In Internet Explorer from the FILE menu click “PAGE SETUP”
- Select PAPER SIZE as “A4”
- Delete the values under HEADER and FOOTER.
- Select ORIENTATION as “Portrait”
- Click the OK button.
- From the FILE menu click “PRINT”
- Choose the appropriate printer and click the PRINT button.
Yes, the user can download or print e-receipt.How can I check my electricity bill through SMS? ›
- Open a new SMS message service.
- Enter the message recipient as 95551.
- Enter the first digits of your account number in the message field. e.g., if your account number is 562897-01, enter 562897.
- Wait for an automatic reply with your account balance details. E-bill e-mail Service.
Check MEPC Bill Paid or not without Reference Number by SMS
Send SMS “MEPB <space>'STMT NO' <space> 'METER NO' <space> DATE OF METER READING” on 46040. For example, send message MEPB 001 'STMT NO 012 1234' METER No 014 DATE OF METER READING on 46040 to check your latest bill status.
- Send your message to the KPLC bill inquiry number 95551.
- In a few seconds, you will receive a message containing your current electricity bill and account details.
- Besides text, you can also engage with the new Kenya Power contact centre by dialling 97771.
Things to Know Before Checking Electricity Bill Online:
Sc.No: Sc.No is in a numerical format somewhat in the form 309.25. 32, where the middle portion denotes the date of the meter reading. Customer/ consumer ID: The bill consists of consumer id as 32651 below the Sc No.
Is it cheaper to pay energy bills monthly or quarterly? Direct debit is usually the cheapest way to pay your energy bills. However, there tends to not be much difference in price between a quarterly and a monthly plan. Some suppliers will offer a discount if you pay your bills by quarterly direct debit.Is it cheaper to pay electricity bill by direct debit? ›
Direct debits make your bill cheaper
Having a direct debit also makes it easier for energy firms to refund any overpayments made – as they'll have your bank account details on their systems. You then use this credit to reduce future payments or cover costs in colder months when you need to use more energy.
The safest method of payment for paying bills is to use a credit card. That's because a credit card number does not give anyone a way to get access to your cash. With a credit card number, they can make a charge on your account. But credit cards offer strong protections from fraud and unauthorized charges.
- Open the Google Wallet app .
- At the top, tap the card that you want to use. You may need to swipe to find it.
- Check the message above your card: 'Hold to reader' . Your card is ready to tap and pay. 'Card not set up' .
- Make a list of every bill. ...
- Find out when your payments are due. ...
- Add your payments to a calendar. ...
- Decide how much you want to pay. ...
- Set up automated payments whenever possible. ...
- Devise a system for manual payments. ...
- Sign up for reminders.
- Visit the official website or open your app and sign in to your account.
- Search for 'Bills and Payments' and select 'Electricity. ...
- Choose your service provider as in TNEB.
- Enter your Customer number and click on 'Proceed. ...
- You will be shown the due amount of your TNEB online payment bill.
Customers are entitled to a refund when they have overpaid on their energy bills. This could occur in a number of scenarios. Perhaps you've moved house and had credit left on your energy account at the property you left.How can I pay electricity bill through Google in Tamilnadu? ›
- Open Google Pay .
- From the bottom of the screen, slide up.
- Tap New. type in the name of a biller.
- From the search results, tap the name of the biller. Link account.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. If you're asked to enter your Customer ID, you can find it on your physical bill or e-bill.
- Ikeja Electric Payment Portal – www.ikejaelectric.com (debit cards)
- Quickteller – www.quickteller.com (debit cards)
- Internet Banking – Available via all banks' online channels.
- Banks' mobile apps – Available via all banks' apps.
- USSD – *565*6*0013*MeterNo/AccountNo/Amount#
PAY MUNICIPAL ACCOUNT
Once you have registered you can simply login and go click on the Municipal Accounts icon and you will be able to "Add Bill" this will allow you select the municipality who issued the bill and then enter the account number that your payment can be allocated to the correct account.
Step 1: Open the 'PhonePe' app. Step 2: Go to 'Recharge and Pay Bills. ' Step 3: Click on the 'Electricity' option.How can I recharge my electricity bill? ›
- Input your phone number on BuyPower and 'click to buy electricity'.
- Fill in your state [Abuja, Kogi, Niger or Nasarawa], meter number, and how much electricity you want to buy. ...
- Continue to payment information.
- Choose your preferred payment [through your bank or card] and pay.
For post-paid payments, they will use pay bill number 888888. Customers seeking new connections will use M-Pesa pay bill number 888899. They can also dial *977#.
- Paying online or via our mobile app.
- Using our payment phone line.
- By Direct Debit.
- Smart Pay As You Go.
- Cash or cheque.
- Paying by a bank transfer or from abroad.
Log in to your mobile banking app. Select the pay electric bill option. Choose the electricity distribution company with which your prepaid meter is registered. Enter your prepaid meter number and the amount you want to buy.How many digit is prepaid meter number? ›
If you have lost your 11 digit prepaid electricity or water meter number, don't worry, we're here to help you recover it. Many people are unaware that their lost prepaid electricity or water meter number is actually on the meter itself.How do I check my prepaid meter account? ›
If you want to check your prepaid balance or know the amount of total credit used, press 07 on your prepaid keypad and hit the blue button. Your available balance will be displayed on the screen in this format (150.15). This is how to recharge and check balance on your prepaid meter without any difficulty.How do I view my municipal account online? ›
- Contact the municipality's Income Department at Jeffreys Bay to obtain an access key. ...
- Go to the municipal website at www.kouga.gov.za.
- Click on the “Ratepayers Info System” link on the home page.
- Click on the “Register Here” option.
- Complete the info as requested.
You'll need your municipal account number and this is always printed on your statement.Where is my EasyPay account number? ›
In Easypay, your phone number is considered your account number. ...Where do I find my TNEB distribution code? ›
TNEB Distribution Code.
|Section Code||Section Name|
|237||KK NAGAR SOUTH|
|238||ASHOK NAGAR EAST|